Vietnamese chicken skewers of: chicken thighs, lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce, lime, sugar, chili, basil, oil.
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned, deboned and cut into chunks
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 red chilii (chili), deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
How to prepare:
Whisk together all the ingredients apart from the chicken and lime juice in a bowl. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
Thread the chicken onto soaked wooden skewers and barbecue or griddle, turning every so often, until cooked – 8-10 minutes. Brush frequently with any remaining marinade.
Serve hot with lime juice squeezed over.