Oriental chicken of: chicken thighs, oil, onion, ginger, garlic, zucchini, wine, soy sauce, honey, chili, rice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), diced
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1-2 tbsp garlic chilii (chili) sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- generous pinch dried chilii (chili) flakes
- 300 g white rice, cooked
How to prepare:
Heat the oil in a wok until smoking, then stir fry the chicken until it turns golden.
Add the onion, ginger and garlic and stir fry over a high heat. Add the courgettes and stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add the wine/sherry then the sauces, honey and chilii and coat the vegetables, then cook partially covered for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through -add a splash of water if it looks dry.
Serve piping hot with rice.